Sunday, February 14, 2010

Hey Jamie, you're the big star today!


So I had a birthday! And it was fun. Anton and I took the day off work with the original intention to head back to Portland and see all the stuff we missed last time and dine at the Green Elephant again. But, Anton was still sick and I was still all weak from being sick and from my girly business, so instead we stayed up late Monday night watching "Sita Sings the Blues" which, if you have not seen, you need to go watch RIGHT NOW because it is very very good. It is for frees on the interwebs and I know that you if you have time to browse the interwebs you have time to watch it. /End promo.

Tuesday, we slept in till eleven which was divine. Even during my weekends I have a hard time sleeping in, no matter what time I went to bed. The Birthday Gods must have been looking out for me or something. That was really close to being the best birthday gift EVAR.

We spent a lot of time just bumming around town, there may or may not have been pizza, and generally, just a really chill day which is exactly what we needed. 

I was showered with love-y gifts from my family, too, lots of books and journals and cute stuff and I feel loved, with or without presents. Good day. Not terribly thrilled to be on this fast downhill slide to thirty (not that I think thirty is terribly old, or forty for that matter. It's just not an age I'm in a hurry to be.), but I am incredibly impressed that I've been married to my best friend for four years. ONLY four years...it feels like a life time already. 

3 comments:

  1. We're going to hit four years married this year too. Feels like 50 years and two days all at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's a good sign. Things can still be fresh and new, and comfortable and familiar. :) Yay us and our healthy relationships.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, right? Who would have guessed?

    ReplyDelete