Saturday, January 30, 2010

full disclosure

I keep meaning to mention this: You've probably seen the picture to the right and said either "wow, Jamie has really aged since the last time I saw her" or "Damn, how kick ass is this old lady?"

I have a confession. That picture is not of me. Shocker, right? That is actually my great-grandmother, Marie, who was from Belgium but was born in Argentina under mysterious circumstances,  and from what I've been told, was pretty kick ass. I like this picture in particular because you know, just know, that she is mischievous and probably a little wicked. My grandmother and my aunt have both inherited that smile. Love it.

2 comments:

  1. She looks like a pretty cool lady, do you have more pictures like this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. More pictures of dead relatives or of cheeky old people? In my Facebook photo albums under "Operation: Classify these photos" are quite a few. My scanner is crap or there would be more, I have about 12 boxes of family photos at this point in time.

    ReplyDelete