Sunday, January 17, 2010

Yay distraction!

If you ever want to tell how hard I'm procrastinating, look to see how many journal entries I post in a day or how much I tweet. SRSLY.

My big goals for the day were to clean, get some sundries from the market, and write. I've done all three, but barely. I cleaned the bedroom, ignored rest of house. Got sundries- well,I got everything on the list, so that's a full win. And write? I wrote one and half pages, front and back. And here I am again because writing fiction apparently makes me want to write more about my life. And the cats keep laying on my notebook which is oh so helpful.

Actually, in productiveness, this is one of my best of the year so far, so woo me. I either can do a lot in the morning and am drained all day, or I do NOTHING until the evening and feel rushed and tired. I'm going to give myself a computer break for awhile, watch some Star Trek then try to write some more.

I'm a little frustrated with the story I'm writing right now- no, not the story, with me. I made it a significant portion through the first draft before realizing I needed to do something else mid story. I want to start all over again but I'm pushing myself to actually finish the first draft first, and just put in notes where I need to change things or where different scenes need to go.

I'm also running into the problem that my handwriting is pretty much illegible to anyone but myself, and even I have a hard time with it. So, when I'm trying to copy from my notebook to a text file, it takes for.ev.er. But I write fiction so. much. better. when it's by hand and not typing.

No comments:

Post a Comment