Sunday, March 7, 2010

You know what drives me bananas?

People using pictures of their kids as their profile pictures. Not pictures of them WITH their kids, just their toddlers. This is part of the reason I unfriended most of my high school classmates because of this (and because of their obsession with JESUS and making multiple posts a day about JESUS and FREEDOM and all sorts of thinly veiled racist comments.)

Though, the only reason I friended any of them was to see what they look like now and how shitty their lives are. Since most of them don't understand privacy settings on Facebook, I can do that without friending them. Hurrah!

(Don't act like you don't troll Facebook for former classmates doing the exact same thing. It's awesome.)

4 comments:

  1. Bahaha. I firmly believe that profile pictures should not be of snotty-faced children or of ultrasounds. I have had the same Facebook picture for a year and I see no reason to change it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your FB picture! I just... it makes me crazy when I see someone show up in the feed and I don't know who it is based on the picture, because it's of some kid. I am actually friends with one 4 year old on FB, and that should be the only kid profile picture I see. Damn it. (that and people who's identity is solely dependent on the fact that they can procreate? Just plain sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why is there a 4 year old on FB? My brother wanted to sign his 5 year old up for it, but found that obviously you had to be 13. It was a confusing conversation trying to explain to my Mum the difference between Facebook and Catbook, and why our kittens could have accounts but not my nephew.

    But yes, I also occasionally troll for people I went to school with. And uni with. And when i think of it, I try to find a guy called Dave I knew at university, because he was a cool guy and I liked his poetry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hah, he's just turned five now- but he has a facebook account because he kept taking over his mom's account to play games, so she just made him his own.

    Your mom is cute.:)

    ReplyDelete